Just posted a project on Github that is a php login shell for Facebook. Its something wrote to be simple, single sign on for apps, and hope others find it useful as well.
Project can be found here: https://github.com/travstoll/php_login
- Create Database using using create_db.sql -This will create a database fb_login with a single table, users. Here the facebook info for the user will be stored including, id, picture, email, ect.
- Create the facebook app (1) -https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ -Click ‘Create New App’ (2) -Enter a Display Name and Namespace -Choose Category -Create App
-Add Cavas and a website and reference the domain in the app settings (3)
- Set Credentials in app
- In the /app folder set the db credentials in /inc/db_con.php
- In the /app folder set the appId, secret, and redirect_url to the /app index in the index.php file.
- Thats it, when users login, they will see a request to authorize app, authrize it and it will be logged in your table and checked at every login. (4)
If you receive error: ‘Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App’s settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App’s domains.’ Add the domain you are using to the app config.
Can’t use localhost anymore as an app domain. A workaround is to edit the /private/etc/hosts file and add a domain Ex: 127.0.0.1 dev.thestoll.com to it. This puts dev.thestoll.com to loopback to local.